Thursday, September 22, 2011

Turkey Wrapped Asparagus

asparagus's

Turkey wrapped asparagus is yum.  It's easy.  It's healthy.  It's good. 

I rinse and then I snap the ends off of a bunch of asparagus.
I saw on a cooking show once that asparagus spears are meant to be snapped, not cut.
So, SNAP, I say!  :)

Then I blanch the asparagus in a little sauce pan for a few minutes.  (If you do it too long, they will get squishy- so don't over blanch) Blanch is just a fancy word for "put the food in a little boiling water for a few minutes and then run it under cold water." It's also one of the Golden Girls. 

Then I take a piece or half a piece of Boars Head Maple Glaze Turkey and wrap it around a spear or two of asparagus. 

Make up a pile and keep 'em in the 'fridge.

Yep, it's good! :)

asparagus

No comments: