- There are lots of benefits to homemade popcorn...
- There are no trans-fats
- There are no hydrogenated oils
- It's dairy/soy free!
- It's cheaper than store-bought
- It's tastier than store-bought
- It's just plain FUN to make!!
Here's the instructions we use (You can find it on the back of the bottle of popcorn):
3Tbsp of Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Popping Corn
1.Use a large stock-pot with lid (we like the non-stick because it's easier to clean afterwards)
2. Measure 3 Tablespoons of canola oil into the saucepan.
Add 3 kernels of popcorn, cover with lid and heat on medium.
Wait until one of the kernels pop.
Now the oil is hot enough to pop your corn!
3. When first kernel pops, lift lid and add 1/2 cup of popcorn, cover with lid and gently shake pan until popping stops.
It's fun to watch the popcorn, POP!
4. Pour popped corn into a large bowl and season to taste. (we add popcorn salt and a little sugar so that it tastes like kettle corn)